Saints Mountain Biking
The St Stithians Mountain Bike Trail was initially the brainchild of Nick Evans and development followed as the result of David Cooke’s vision. The Track in its current form offers a variety of technical challenges that can appeal to any cyclist from the beginner to the advanced rider. In addition, it is a trail which offers safety for the rider, as it is situated in the secure campus, with easy access to Sandton and the surrounds.
St Stithians has a unique offering in the mountain bike circuit with more than 7 km of single-track close to the heart of Sandton. The route combines a number of A and B lines which can be used for the novice and expert riders. Use of the track is at each cyclists own risk and subject to the following safety guidelines:
- Riding is only permitted when wearing a helmet
- Riders are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the A-lines before attempting them as some are technically challenging
- Please exercise caution where the trail crosses the roads
- The trail is shared by runners and walkers: please be courteous in this regard by ringing a bell and/or warning others who are sharing the track with you
- This is a friendly campus “Say hi when you ride by”
- The use of the track is at the cyclists’ own risk and St Stithians cannot be held responsible for any injury/damage sustained as a result of use
Should you wish to be involved with the development of our track, contact Courtney Watson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To upload a GPX file of the MTB Track (for Garmins and other navigation devices) click here.