Festival of Dramatic Arts (FEDA)
Festival of Dramatic Arts (FEDA). This prestigious competition is held annually at the Johannesburg Theatre and showcases the talent of many of Gauteng’s top performing arts students.
We congratulate the following girls for receiving the nominations and awards at the finale of FEDA.
• Best actress nomination to Emma Hanly (For Tiger Lilies Out of Season), Liziwe Memani and Nana Moloi (Virginia)
• Best supporting actor nomination to James Pilkington (For Tiger Lilies Out of Season)
• Best director nomination to Amber Fieldgate (BC production: Mancub)
• Precious Hlalele for “Best Writer” for Virginia, as part of the Original Works Section.
• Best Comedy for Meatloaf in the Moonlight - directed by Bianca Irvine, assisted by Karabo Garabone and starring Julianne Scott, Dani Bewsey and three Boys’ College learners: Jock Kleynhans, Jeremy Saner and Rea Botlholo.
Congratulations to the cast and writer/director of “Virginia”; an original works entry into the prestigious Festival of Dramatic Arts (FEDA) held at the Johannesburg Fringe Theatre last week. Retlareng Hlalele, the writer and director of the play, was highly commended by the adjudicators, who called her play ‘eloquent and poignant’ and said that ‘hers will be a name we will see in theatre in the future’. The standard of the 20 original works entries were so high, the adjudicators added two special awards; one of which was awarded to Retlareng for “Best Writer”.