2018 Eskom Expo for Young Scientists
Congratulations to our medalists and participants at the 2018 Eskom Expo for Young Scientists which took place this past Saturday. We entered eight projects and our boys were awarded with three gold medals, three silver medals and two “Best in Category” project awards.
· Mark Van Der Poel and Michael Walker won two awards: the Top in Category “Best in Innovation” and a gold medal for their “Sound-based Fire Extinguisher”.
· Sa’ad Patel also won two awards: the Top in Category “Best Developer” and a silver medal for his “Clear-Choke device”; purposed to remove foreign objects from the oesophagus of a choking victim.
· Liam Keegan won a gold medal for his project on the “Novel uses of the Leidenfrost effect”.
· Mitchell Saunders and Jarryd Pyle won a gold medal for their project on “The Med-e watch medication dispensing box”.
· Daniel McAslin won a silver medal for his agricultural project on “Soil acidity and its agricultural relevance”.
· Wanangwa Nyasulu and Lesego Sithole won a silver medal for their “Piezo Pen”.
· Matthew Cheng (with his project on “Generating electricity from sitting”) and Keldon Schroeder and Bradley Hultzer (with their project on “Decomposing carbon dioxide”) received certificates of participation.
Our boys are instilled with a passion for innovation in Science. Let’s keep inspiring excellence!