Saints Parents in Dialogue
Saints Parents in Dialogue with Minister Naledi Pandor - 15 October 2018
The Inaugural Saints Parents in Dialogue, hosted by the St Stithians Girls’ Prep, will be held on Monday 15 October in the Dace Hall from 07h00 – 10h30. Our keynote speaker, Minister Naledi Pandor, as well as renowned facilitators in the field of diversity and inclusion, Roy Gluckman and Obenewa Amponsah, will hone in on the issue of responsiveness across education and social systems, focusing on macro drivers such as 21st Century skills development, gender equality and inclusion, especially in the STEM sector.
The cost per person is R350, which includes breakfast. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Thandulwazi Maths and Science Academy.
Our keynote speaker Minister Naledi Pandor will focus on the following:
· How is the education system changing for the future?
· Expectations from Tertiary Institutions?
· What are the crucial skills needed by the children in the 21stcentury?
· What kind of jobs are required for the 21stcentury?
· Gender Equality especially in the STEM subjects and jobs
· Quota systems in Tertiary Institutions
There will be presentations by Roy Gluckman and Obenewa Amponsah as well as a facilitated dialogue amongst the parents on the following topics:
· The difference between the parents’ generation and the Generation-Z
· Benefits of diversity, inclusion and equality
· Quota systems in the workplace and sport
· Unpacking the true meaning of privilege
· The collective responsibility to contribute to a South Africa in which all may find the freedom to flourish
Speaker Biographies are available on the following links: